Michelle Obama is the “People’s Champ”! Last night she graced the stage at the Democratic National Convention to silence the critics, naysayers, and anyone who had any doubts or reservations on whether or not Hillary Clinton should be President.
In a moving speech that literally got everyone out of their seats, she shared with us her love for her two daughters and husband, her love for this country, and her love for Hillary Clinton.
Michelle’s speech went against the negative things that the media continuously paints about Hillary, to offer her supporters and non-supporters a look into who she really is a mother, wife, and public servant.
If you missed the taping of the convention yesterday, here it is again:
Here are some of the most powerful lines from last night’s speech:
- “Our motto is when they go low, we go high”
- “I trust Hillary to lead this country because I’ve seen her life long devotion to our nations children.”
- “There were plenty of moments when Hillary could’ve decided that this work was too hard. That the price of public service was too high, and tired of being picked apart for she looks, or how she talks or even how she laughs. But, the thing that I admire most about Hillary is that she never buckles under pressure…”
- “Because when you have nuclear codes at your fingertips and the military in your command you can’t make snap decisions.
- “I want a president with a record of public service. Someone whose life’s work shows our children that we don’t chase fame and fortune for ourselves, but fight for to give everyone a chance to succeed.
- “I wake up every morning in a house that was built by slaves. And, I watch my daughters, two beautiful and intelligent black young women playing with their dogs on the White House lawn. And, because of Hillary Clinton my daughters and all of our sons and daughters now take for granted that a woman can be president of the United States.
Here’s what President Obama had to say about Michelle’s speech #BaeWatch #RelationshipGoals:
Incredible speech by an incredible woman. Couldn't be more proud & our country has been blessed to have her as FLOTUS. I love you, Michelle.
— President Obama (@POTUS44) July 26, 2016
Check out some of the best tweets from last nights event:
I love hearing Michelle Obama speak. So captivating. I could listen to her explain the origin of broccoli.
— Kingsley (@kingsleyyy) July 26, 2016
— Diamond Sharp (@diamonde) July 26, 2016
— Bradshaw w/ Melanin (@JarrieBradshaw) July 26, 2016
I'm going to miss the dignity the Obama family brought to the office & to the country
— MichaelaAngela Davis (@MichaelaAngelaD) July 26, 2016
CNN can't seem to put their finger on how Michele Obama spoke about Trump but not by name…
baby, that's called shade.
— Cupid Valentino (@shEgoTripn) July 26, 2016
Michelle PLEASE run for president!!! I beg of you!
What were your thoughts on last nights speech?