By Shanti Terry
Have you ever noticed the ingredients on the back of a store bought facial mask product? It’s difficult to understand how to even pronounce half of those ingredients. So why apply it to your skin when you don’t know if it’s good for you?
Oats are an excellent exfoliant. It softens the skin, removes dead cells and cleans your clogged pores. The honey helps to relieve inflamed skin, alleviates dryness and is used as a skin lightening agent.
- 1 tbsp of oats
- 1 tsp of honey
- Mix whole oats with warm water into a paste
- Add a teaspoon of honey
- Then, rub the cleanser onto your skin in circular motions and leave it on your face for 10 minutes
- Rinse it off with warm water or use a warm washcloth (your preference)
Yogurt is not only a snack; it actually gets rid of acne! Follow these simple steps to alleviate any pesky pimples from forming.
- 1 tbsp natural yogurt, room temperature (not lowfat or non-fat) and make sure it’s isn’t flavored yogurt to avoid irritability of the skin.
- 1 tsp of honey (put in microwave for a few seconds to soften the honey). For dry skin, use an extra tsp of honey
- Combine mixture, then apply to face.
- Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash face with steaming washcloth
- Pat dry with towel
Egg whites works wonders if you have oily skin! It also repairs damaged tissues and maintains your youthful radiant glow.
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- Wash your face with warm water to open up your pores.
- Use your clean hands or a cotton ball to apply the mixture onto your face, avoiding the sensitive areas around your mouth and eyes.
- Keep the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
- When the mixture has completely dried on your face, gently scrub it off using warm water.
- Pat dry with a towel and marvel the smooth feel of your skin!